• September 20, 2011

Bungalow Bedroom

And, boy does this room need a lot of work!

Bedrooms, Restoration Diary

It is horrible! What else is there to say? This upstairs room functioned as my office for many years. Because it is located off of our bathroom we decided to switch the rooms, making our old bedroom into our new home office.

The truth is I have been holding out on you guys. This room is almost finished! I’ve been a little distracted lately and I’m behind on posting.

The dog matches the wall color in the above photo. Really, we didn’t plan it that way. Although, I do have a confession. Here is a picture of me starting my very first home improvement project. Notice the paint color? I take full responsibility for the orange walls.


Most of the wood trim was removed to be stripped and sanded outside. I usually advocate stripping trim in place (leaving it attached), but removing the trim leaves much less mess and smell inside the house. I am at the point where I want our lives disrupted as little as possible.

I have hated this ceiling fan since the day we moved into the house. Taking the fan down felt like a final victory of over the ugly!

Comments { 2 }
  1. Reuben

    Wow, some of those walls look like they’re in rough shape. I’m surprised you’re leaving them in-place at all. I probably would have just gutted everything, as I generally find patching plaster walls to be more work than just gutting and drywalling. Especially for exterior walls, where I like to make the most of opportunities to install new insulation…

    Can’t wait to see it when it’s done.



If you would like to select an image to appear next to your comment, go to Gravatar.